Saturday, April 9, 2011

More Progress, Finally. Now the Marceline Sub

Well I've been neglecting this due to life events. I got my dream job on a railroad, but after half a year I quit due to extreme stress and the people/area I worked with/at. But I'm financially recovered enough to start up on the layout.

I've changed the track plan, AGAIN, and the layout will now be The Marceline Sub. The three areas I will model will be Gibbs, MO, Ethel, MO, and Sugar Creek, MO (Chevron Plant/Racks). It will still be in the 1992-1993 time frame. I will be buying benchwork supplies this weekend, and through the next few weekends my dad and I will be completing the benchwork to the Ethel, MO scene.

I've found that Atlas C55 switches aren't practical in my application, so I'm redesigning the west staging yard ladder with ME C55 switches with the snap points. I'm also going to add another pair of crossover switches there too. (see track plan) I'm also needing to add another layer of roadbed for the mainlines through the Gibbs area.

I've also been buying new motive power about every weekend. New additions include a GP20 and two GP38-2's. Detailing them will have to wait a while though.

Please check back over the next few weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment